Monday, June 28, 2010

Arrrrrg!!!

So we’re finally getting settled in to our ministry. For our first official team project we volunteered at the Fun Day at Edgbaston Cricket Grounds on June 13th . Remember Oasis church? It was the first church we attended when I got here. Oasis runs the kids events for the Fun Day and we volunteered to help out. Upon arrival we were instructed to dress like pirates.


This is why I LOVE my team. When we do something we really do it. LOL

Oasis is a contemporary church that meets under a GIANT tent at the cricket grounds. They had all sorts of fun face painting, games, crafts, movies and candy for the kiddies. My teammates and I handed out treasure maps mostly…but my day was made complete when I befriended 2 Circus guys on stilts. After that Lilamaria and I juggled and the circus guys gave us some pointers.
Maybe not what I expected as ministry, but I think it left a good impression of church people on the community and gave them a safe place to play. I also got to see my first Cricket Match and I climbed onto one of those giant trampolines...the kind where they put you in a harness and let you go crazy! :) All in all I think it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment