Monday nights I get to hang out with the youth from Hasbury. I’ve only done this twice but I really enjoy it! The first time we had 6 girls but Monday night we had 11 youth! We put them to work HAHA. They made cookies and other treats to sell on Sunday morning to raise money for an AIDS organization. I shared about half of my testimony that night. I was a lil nervous since this was my first time giving a testimony to a group. Don’t know how I managed to escape this when I was a youth at Parkland but it’s unavoidable now. LOL Something to do with being a “missionary” I guess. It’s only slightly intimidating when 22 eyes are staring at you and you feel acutely aware that they’d probably rather be playing Xbox or eating another cupcake. But I’m learning to trust that the Lord will work and it’s up to Him and not my magical words o wisdom. So that eases the pressure a bit. I just have to be honest. Sure.
Wednesday Lilamaria and I went to a small house bible study. There were only 4 of us and it was ok. We just chatted and watched a video. BUT tomorrow Lila and Ulla and I have to give testimonies at another….lets say bigger bible study of elderly people. I promise not to take pictures. HA.
Next Sunday the team has to do a presentation on Phillipians 1 during the service. This. Should. Be. Interesting. If you’re lucky I might post a picture. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment