Monday, May 10, 2010

T-Minus 7 Days!!!!

OK, so here's a long awaited update! I'm t-minus 7 days to go! Things are very hectic as I try and finalize things at home but I wanted to try and give a little more detail about the trip. I leave on Monday, May 17th for New York, and then May 20th for the United Kingdom. I'll be in Birmingham, UK for 2 months where I'll be placed on a community outreach team.

For the first 2 months I'll be working at the Lifehope/OM center. There I will train and work alongside one church, while reaching out to its neigbourhood through weekly kids clubs, youth work and other activities for adults.

During these two months, I will have the opportunity to help out in practical ways in the final preparation for the
Transit Challenge.

Later in July I will join the Transit Team in Italy. From there we will travel to France, Spain, Portugal, Bosnia and the Balkans. In each country we will partner with local missionaries in their outreach projects. I'm set to return the week of Christmas!

I am so very grateful for all of the support and prayers I have received from family and friends! From the travel shower that the ladies at Parkland Baptist hosted, the Dance Party hosted by Sojourn Community Church, the trivia night, yard sale and all the craft fairs in between! Everyone has been so sacrificial in their giving and I have been very blessed.

I've been asked by quite a few people this week if I still need anything. Honestly, at this point I need prayers for the logistics of the trip and that I will stay focused this week! There is sooooo much to do and it is overwhelming at times.

As for physical needs, the trip is finally paid off! And I've had a couple of friends offer to sponsor me with small financial donations while I am away. I'm still trying to raise a little support to just cover my health insurance and to purchase camera equipment. (Obviously the health insurance is the more important)

If ya know anyone that has an old ipod I could borrow/buy for cheap, that would be great!

That's all for now! I am hoping that I can update this blog overseas!
Any financial support given at this point should go through my Dad.


Love, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment